42 Simply Awesome Camping Hacks
Most people who go camping discover that they forgot something crucial at home when they get to the camping site, and then it’s usually too late.
By using these simple, yet genius tricks, not only will you not have this kind of problem, but you’ll definitely look like a pro camper this summer.
1. Properly pack a backpack so you can use the maximum capacity
2. Get a specialized camping survival multi-tool.
This fantastic new tool with 20 functions can come in super handy in many camping situations. It’s one of those must-have camping gadgets you don't want to leave to go camping without it. You can read more about it here.
3. Use a shoe organizer to help you keep important camping equipment off the ground.
4. Paint the inside of a jar or bottle with glow-in-the-dark paint, and you’ll have a fantastic lantern.
5. In case you need additional light, strap a headlamp onto a jug of water, and you will get an instant lantern.
6. Another great way to make a DIY lantern is to place a battery-powered votive candle into an empty jar.
7. Get strike-anywhere matches and glue sandpaper at the top of your matchbox.
8. Quickly customize a coffee can to hold a toilet paper.
9. Keep spices in Tic-Tac boxes.
10. Buy seat hammocks for car camping so you can stop and relax anytime, anywhere.
11. If you want a soft and more comfortable floor in your tent, try using foam floor tiles.
12. If you are camping with your partner or child, buy a two-person sleeping bag.
13. Make single-use packets by cutting a straw into multiple pieces and filling them with toothpaste or antibiotic ointment. Then just use a lighter to seal up the ends.
14. In case you want to create a romantic environment, make candle stakes.
15. Use a vegetable peeler and a bar of soup to make soap leaves for one-time use. Besides washing your hands, they can help with the itchiness of mosquito bites.
16. Make a practical hand washing station from an empty laundry detergent dispenser.
17. Use the campfire to make delicious crescent rolls.
Wrap them with hot dogs or fill them with Nutella or marshmallows for an incredible taste treat.
18. Make yummy campfire cones!
19. Make tin-can shaped bread as a portable food option.
20. Buy a campfire sandwich press. It’s a MUST HAVE for camping as it can be used to make fantastic sandwiches.
21. Use an old prescription bottle to make a handy first-aid kit.
22. Prepare pre-made pancake mixture with dry milk that doesn’t have to be kept in a refrigerator.
It is advisable to use powdered eggs also (you can buy them in any grocery store).
23. Use coffee filters and dental floss to make tea-like travel coffee bags...they work like a charm.
This is a great way to quickly make coffee. Just put one small scoop of coffee into the coffee filter and tie it with dental floss. When you want to make a coffee, simply make it just like you would make tea with tea-bags.
24. Beat the caffeine withdrawal with just a few of these.
25. You can make a very efficient washing machine with only a plunger and an empty bucket.
26. Always bring microfiber towels as they are lightweight and super absorbent.
You can find excellent microfiber towels here.
27. Build a simple and efficient fire starter by replacing the eggs in a cardboard egg carton with charcoal. All you need to do is light the cartoon and charcoal will do the rest.
28. Another easy way to light a fire is by making portable fire starters from cotton pads dipped in wax.
29. Run out of kindling..no problem. Doritos can be of great help when lighting a fire.
30. Place fresh rosemary directly on the coals and you can forget about the meat marinade. Infuse your food with fresh herbs!
Simply place rosemary atop the coals once they become grey and ashy, and your vegetables and meat will be infused with the taste of savory herbs.
31.Prepare and bring hard cheeses or cheeses in waxed packaging as those can last at least a week unrefrigerated.
32. Put the frozen things you can use later into your cooler in place of bulky ice packs. Here are a few things you can freeze and use later: water gallon jugs, pasta sauces, chili, and pesto. While frozen, they will keep your food cold, and you can use them later at any time.
33. Be sure to learn about types of poisonous plants in your camping area and be able to recognize them on sight.
34. Use biodegradable trail-marking tape if you plan to go hiking.
35. Make a natural tick repellent.
Simply mix 1 part tea tree oil and 2 parts water in a spray bottle and you will make a great natural tick deterrent that you can use on socks, pants, shoes, etc.
36. Solve a classic mosquito problem by adding bundles of sage to a campfire.
37. Keep your campsite mosquito free with these solar LED bug zappers.They Really work well !
Read more about this fantastic LED bug zapper here.
38. Design an epic scavenger hunt and let the kids help you.
Write down the items you need from around the campsite and let the kids go on a scavenger hunt. The kids will have a great time while gathering the things you need.
39. A single belt with a few hooks inserted through the buckle holes can make a fantastic place to hang up your pots and pans.
40. Build an emergency toilet from a 5-gal bucket.
41. If you plan to go fishing, canoeing or any other water activity during your next camping trip, these fantastic cork key chains are perfect for you. You don’t have to worry about losing your keys in the water as the cork will make them float. Simply put a loop screw into a wine cork, attach your keys to it and relax.
42. Last but not the least, don’t forget to bring a nice super bright flashlight.!
A good bright flashlight is one of the most essential camping tools you must have. You can find a great LED flashlight here.
Bonus Hack : Use modern day drone technology to survey your campsite area once you arrive. Get a birds eye view on your campsite & where all the points of interest are located like trails, bike paths, roads, streams, bathrooms, etc . Learn more about this amazing new drone here.
Camping doesn’t have to be a stressful or expensive outdoor experience for you and your gang whole family. With these ingenious camping hacks, you’ll be able to cut down on some costs and maximize gear space, equipment, or food for the entire camping trip. These are just a few of our ingenious camping hacks.
Have a safe & happy camping experience !
Explore More Top-Rated Camping Gear Here.